Senior Compliance Officer
In this position you will gain experience from a true international organization.
BNP Paribas is a European leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing international presence. The Group has one of the largest international banking networks, a presence in 75 countries and nearly 190 000 employees. The Group has two main business areas: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional banking and is recognized as a market leader in each of these areas.
The Nordic region is strategic for BNP Paribas and one of the regions selected in the Group’s growth plan. BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking has been present in the Nordics since 1985. BNP Paribas CIB has a branch in each of the four countries and we are today around 140 employees. Our customers are large Nordic industrial companies, financial institutions, shipping and energy companies, as well as international groups.
The BNP Paribas Group is also represented in the Nordics by Alfred Berg, Cardif, Arval, BNP Paribas Factor, Ekspress Bank and Exane.
BNP Paribas Sweden Branch, Corporate & Institutional Banking is seeking to recruit a Senior Compliance Officer to the Stockholm office.
As Senior Compliance Officer in Stockholm office, you will be advising on compliance topics arising in the business of BNP Paribas Sweden branch and BNP Paribas Finland branch (Sweden Compliance covers Finland branch). You will also be taking lead in drafting, implementing and advising to ensure that internal procedures as well as local regulatory requirements are met. Further you will be expected to:
• Execute the compliance control plan
• Monitor, assess and report compliance risks
• Conduct timely and diligent reporting to Group Compliance according to the compliance reporting schedule
• Support and advise business on day-to-day compliance matters in relation to current/new activities, services, products or geographical scope
• Review and compliance sign off on projects involving Compliance topics
• Review and compliance sign off on business relationships according to local and Group procedures, ensuring that all relevant Know Your Customer requirements are met.
• Interpret and implement the local regulators’ Compliance regulations and guidelines
• Assist in responding to requests from external and internal auditors on regulatory / other Compliance matters
• Assist in the preparation of the ongoing training of staff on all relevant compliance topics
• Master’s degree in law or finance (preferably from Sweden or Finland)
• Approximately 5 years of experience from compliance from a bank, the regulator and/or a law firm (preferably from Anti-Money Laundering / Counter-Terrorist Financing / Know Your Customer / Sanctions)
• Excellent communication and drafting skills
• Independent and with strong time management, keen to take action
• Solid but approachable nature, with the ability to act calmly and professionally
• Fluent in English and one Scandinavian language
In this recruitment BNP Paribas cooperate with Netwrk. For more information, please contact Michael Brommels or Johanna Lagerholm.